Feb 18, 2013

Hall of Presidents

Ever been to Disney World?  I tell you, that place is inspiration heaven for my teaching brain.  I have hundreds of pictures of "It's A Small World" for our 'Around the World' unit, and I snapped away at Great Moments with Lincoln for our wax museum.  And don't even get me started on all the ride queue decorations!  I swear the place just exudes creativity.
    The last time I went, we happened to walk by Disney's Hall of Presidents.  Unfortunately we were headed to a lunch appointment and I never ended up making it back to see what it was all about.  Of course I googled it when I got home and this is what we ended up with...

...our own Hall of  Presidents.  Two books about Presidents, 50 Presidential info sheets and one week of research later, my 25 darling students showed up dressed as their President and ready to give a speech about their President's life.
Did you notice Teddy Roosevelt?  Adorable, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment